Sunday, May 11, 2014

Tori Amos, Unrepentant Geraldines

This morning I caught the last few minutes of Rachel Martin's interview with Tori Amos on Weekend Edition on NPR. The last question and answer seemed like a very fitting way to begin Mother's Day:

MARTIN: I imagine the answer is yes, but I'm going to ask anyway - has parenthood, in particular raising a daughter, a teenager now, changed how you approach making music?
AMOS: It's changed everything, Rachel. I'm a different person. Becoming a mom was what I needed to refocus my attention. Magic glasses, I would call them. So I took off my other glasses, which might have been - I'll raise my hand - self-involved glasses, and then take off those glasses and put on mom glasses and all of a sudden it's in technicolor.
Here's to life in Technicolor! Happy Mother's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment