Thursday, April 24, 2014

Remember the 80's?

I dug out my copy of the Church album Starfish out of the basement the other day. Do you ever try to remember back to try to figure out what the first music you ever liked that didn't suck was? I'm not sure I know for sure, but Starfish was one of the first handful of albums I ever owned that I can still listen to now with awe. My favorite song from the album is Destination, but Under the Milky Way was the hit, so here it is...
 I think even before Starfish I had a cassette copy of whatever album West End Girls was on. The Petshop Boys are not my favorite band of all time, but still not totally embarrassing.

When I was really young my favorite bands were Hall and Oats and the Go-Go's.  I remember being in elementary school and being seriously bummed out that by the time I was old enough to go to concerts the Go-Go's would be too old to be awesome anymore.  Also Private Eyes by Hall and Oats was the best song ever.

Other early favorites that didn't totally suck include the Cure (Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me) and the Violent Femmes.  The Cure is the one band that I've always wanted to see live that I've never had the chance to.

Bed time.

No comments:

Post a Comment